The Institute for Health & Recovery is a nationally-renowned, award-winning agency that specializes in innovative services, training and evaluation focused on addressing the unique needs of underserved families, women and youth. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families. Our mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for individuals, youth, and families affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges, and other health issues.
IHR is seeking a Family Recovery Specialist in Fall River. The Family Recovery Specialist supports the Family Recovery Project and IHR’s mission to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for individuals, children, adolescents, and families who are affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, mental health problems, and violence/trauma by providing intensive home- and community-based therapeutic services and care coordination to families engaged with DCF.
This position is a full-time, 40 hour position sited at the IHR Fall River office.
Director of Family and Children’s Services
- Manage active caseload of 12–15 families (FTE)
- Engage families in substance use and co-occurring disorders treatment, by providing in-home/community-based counseling and therapeutic services
- Conduct home visits
- Implement family-centered service planning designed to stabilize family, address child safety/socio-emotional and developmental needs, and substance use/co-occurring disorders within the family
- Develop treatment plan and work with client to address goals and objectives of DCF family service plan
- Use evidence-based practice in treatment with families, including Motivational Interviewing (MI), Attachment, Self-Regulation and Competency (ARC), Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Nurturing Program for Families in Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery(NP), and Seeking Safety (SS)
- Attend all relevant meetings with and for families
- Maintain communication with all key partners working with family
- Collaborate with service providers regarding roles, responsibilities, and timing of service
- Coordinate meetings of service partners to review, monitor and update family service plan
- Participate regularly in Regional Council meetings to develop and maintain strong relationships with community agencies
- Maintain accurate and timely records utilizing Electronic Health Records, attend all project and agency meetings, and meet regularly with Director of Family and Children’s Services
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Professional Development and Continual Learning
- Valuing Diversity
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field, required
- Professional clinical license strongly preferred (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC, LMFT)
- Bilingual (Portuguese/English and/or Spanish/English) preferred, bicultural applicants encouraged to apply
- Experience in family-centered substance-use and mental health treatment, children’s developmental and mental health services
- Ability to work with identified service providers and DCF to design a cohesive service plan
- Skills in Motivational Interviewing, strengths-based, trauma-informed service delivery preferred
- Experience working in home-based settings and with a multidisciplinary team
- Must have regular access to reliable vehicle and valid MA drivers’ License
Other Requirements (if applicable)
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Business Class Rider on Motor Vehicle Insurance, if transporting clients (within one month of start of job)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Apply online at workforcenow.adp.com
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. IHR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.