The Institute for Health & Recovery is a nationally-renowned, award-winning agency that specializes in innovative services, training and evaluation focused on addressing the unique needs of underserved families, women and youth. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families. Our mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for individuals, youth, and families affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges, and other health issues.
IHR is seeking a Bilingual Family Engagement Specialist. The Family Engagement Specialist will support IHR’s mission to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for women, adolescents, and their families who are affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, mental health problems, and violence/trauma.
This position is a full-time, 40 hour position sited at the IHR Springfield office.
- Provide home- and community-based outreach, engagement and behavioral health treatment to Department of Children and Families (DCF)-involved families in the Western region of MA, with work in Springfield-Holyoke area
- Conduct substance use/mental health, and trauma/domestic violence assessments
- Develop service plans related to substance use/mental health, trauma, relapse prevention, recovery support and treatment retention
- Assist families to identify and access community treatment, support, and other resources
- Work with DCF professionals involved with client
- Attend DCF Area Office and Family Networks meetings as appropriate
- Maintain all written reports and records (including electronic health records) accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicate with IHR’s main office in Cambridge through use of shared online calendars, time sheets, and check in/out with Supervisor
- Meet regularly with Supervisor for clinical and administrative supervision
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Other duties as required
- Development and Continual Learning
- Valuing Diversity
- Advanced degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field, required; clinical license (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT) strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural (Spanish/English) candidates strongly preferred.
- Previous clinical experience in the field of addiction disorders, co-occurring mental health and trauma issues required.
- Previous clinical experience either within the child welfare system or as a collateral provider.
- Familiar with community-based resources especially in the western region of MA.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse cultural groups
- Experience in home-based services, community outreach and case management activities
- Good organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong administrative organization and ability to maintain complete and accurate records
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
Other Requirements (if applicable)
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Business Class Rider on Motor Vehicle Insurance, if transporting clients (within one month of start of job)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Apply online at workforcenow.adp.com
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. IHR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.