The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is a nationally-renowned, award-winning agency that specializes in innovative services, training and evaluation focused on addressing the unique needs of underserved families, women and youth. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families. Our mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for individuals, youth, and families affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges, and other health issues.
IHR is seeking a Child Clinician (Part-Time), Project BRIGHT. The Child Clinician provides mental health screening and provides therapy to children 0–6 years; collects evaluation data and builds rapport with clients and their families.
This position is Part-time 20 hours for Project BRIGHT that will be working at SSTAR Birth in Cranston, RI. SSTAR Birth is a residential setting for pregnant and postpartum women.
- Provide Child–Parent Psychotherapy for 0–6 year olds, and their parents, within SSTAR and Steppingstone programs
- Work with mothers to develop self-worth and skills that build connection with their children, using Relational–Cultural Theory
- Build rapport with clients to supportively challenge negative beliefs and promote positive change, using Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- Provide mental health screening and referral of children for further assessment and/or services as needed
- Collaborate with and provide role-modeling for all program staff in implementing the principles of trauma-informed care, Child–Parent Psychotherapy, NP and ARC.
- Weekly supervision with Project BRIGHT program director and maintain all written clinical records
- Participate in collecting evaluation data
- Performs other related duties.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Accountability and Dependability
- Influencing Others
- Managing projects and programs
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Strategic Vision
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in social work, counseling, psychology, public health or related field preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working with young children, family residential treatment, and substance use/mental health disorders
- Experienced with Child–Parent Psychotherapy and working with trauma-informed treatment
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and families from diverse cultural groups
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Individuals with first-hand experience in substance use disorders are encouraged to apply
Other Requirements (if applicable)
- Reliable Transportation.
- Good Driving Record.
- Business Class Rider on Motor Vehicle Insurance (within one month of start of job).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Apply online at workforcenow.adp.com
This position is Part time 20 hours for Project BRIGHT that will be working at SSTAR Birth in Cranston, RI.